Yes, You Can Shave and Not Experience Ingrown Hairs
But wait, what indeed, are ingrown hairs? Ever notice that after you pluck, shave, or wax body parts a small lump forms with a single hair trapped underneath? That, my friend, are ingrown hairs.
Care To Be More Specific?
Ingrown hairs grow back into the skin instead of pushing through it. Irritation along a recently waxed, shaved, or plucked area that has a pimple-like structure is an ingrown hair. It can be painful, as well as itchy. Ingrown hairs may also result in hyperpigmentation or dark spots.
Common areas include the face and the neck, scalp, legs, armpits, chest, back, and pubic area. Any areas where you wax, shave or tweeze may be susceptible to ingrown hairs.
What Causes Them
Hair structure and hormones commonly cause ingrown hairs. Curly hair may tend to bend backward, causing hair to re-enter the skin, especially after shaving. And that reminds me, shaving can also be a contributing factor since hair tends to become sharp after being shaved especially when shaving dry or shaving against the direction of hair growth.
How To Prevent Them
- Wash your skin with warm water and a mild facial cleanser.
- Gently exfoliate the area.
- Apply lubricating shaving cream or gel a few minutes before shaving to soften the hair. Or you may apply a warm compress.
- Don't pull your skin taut while shaving.
- Always shave with a sharp razor.
- Shave in the same direction as hair growth.
- Rinse the blade after every stroke.
- Apply a non-irritating cream or any ingredients with anti-inflammatory products such as lavender after you shave.
- Use an exfoliating scrub the next day.
Still, Experiencing Ingrown Hairs?
You may use an exfoliating scrub to help release any trapped hairs, try a different hair removal method, such as hair removal cream or try a long-term way of removing hair such as laser treatment.
Or, if these are a hassle and time consuming, try our Flaunt Body Ingrown Hair Mask. An effortless, no-hassle way to prevent ingrown hairs with 5x's more moisturization than applying a topical cream or liquid.
The mask is vegan, cruelty-free, and environment-friendly with a versatile application for all body parts. It will leave your skin smooth, supple, and very hydrated.
Try the Flaunt Body Ingrown Hair Mask now.